You are Here »
Home
»
»
Fingerpost endores the FairTax
0
Fingerpost endores the FairTax
I only know of two groups of people who are against the FairTax:
1. Those with a vested interest in maintaining the existing federal tax code
2. Those who either haven't heard of the Fair Tax or who misunderstand it.
If you are in the second group, take heart--it took me a very long time to wrap my mind around all its nuances and become a supporter.
Haven't heard of it? Here are some highlights:
* Enables workers to keep their entire paychecks
* Enables retirees to keep their entire pensions
* Refunds in advance the tax on purchases of basic necessities
* Allows American products to compete fairly
* Brings transparency and accountability to tax policy
* Ensures Social Security and Medicare funding
* Closes all loopholes and brings fairness to taxation
* Abolishes the IRS
The good folks at FairTax.org go to heroic lengths to be non-partisan, and for that matter, non-political. For that reason they don't make a fuss about what I consider to be the best feature of all--it takes away the ability of politicians to buy votes by manipulating the tax code.
Do yourself a favor. Take a look at the FairTax calculater below. If you are intrigued, check out the web site. Don't be in a rush. There is a lot to digest. If you are a skeptic, don't give up on it. I'm glad I didn't.
Category → Fingerpost endores the FairTax » » a Fingerpost