For most of us the immigration issue is one of ideology. For the Citizens of Arizona it it's the real deal. The drug war in Mexico is spilling across the border and cities like Phoenix are in the midst of a crime wave.
So, I ask you again. What would you have Arizona do?
The current administration, as well as at least the previous 3, has been unwilling to risk alienating a potential voting block. The Republicans want the illegals to work but not vote (good for business) and the Democrats want them to vote but not work (good for the unions). Meanwhile the problem just gets worse.
So, I ask you yet again. What would you have Arizona do?
Here is how the amnesty crowd reacted to the passage of the legislation--
I might note that you didn't see that kind of behavior out of the TEA Party crowds. But that is another matter.
I wonder how many of those hot-heads actually know what was in the legislation? Will anything short of open borders and full amnesty make them happy?
The good citizens of Arizona had to do something. It looks to me like they took a pretty darned reasonable approach. Unless, of course, you really do believe that 70 percent of Arizonans are racists and Nazis...