Tyranny on display...


It's a remarkable turn of events. Young people in Iran are standing up to their oppressors in spite of the reaction you'd expect. For example, from WSJ:
Son's Death Has Iranian Family Asking Why
"Upon learning of his son's death, the elder Mr. Alipour was told the family had to pay an equivalent of $3,000 as a "bullet fee"—a fee for the bullet used by security forces—before taking the body back, relatives said.

"Mr. Alipour told officials that his entire possessions wouldn't amount to $3,000, arguing they should waive the fee because he is a veteran of the Iran-Iraq war. According to relatives, morgue officials finally agreed, but demanded that the family do no funeral or burial in Tehran. Kaveh Alipour's body was quietly transported to the city of Rasht, where there is family."
And of course everyone by now has seen the video of the girl in the photo bleeding to death in the street. I don't know if it is real or fabricated, but I have little doubt there is worse going on that we'll never see.
We're supposed to reason with a regime that would do this to its own people? Give me a break.
"I'm-a-nut-job" is a Twelver. His goal is to hasten the end of the world. If he gets his hands on nukes on a Tuesday, he's going to lob them into Israel on Wednesday.
Our best hope of avoiding an all-out war in the Middle East lies with these brave kids in Iran. I don't know about the rest of you people, but I'm pulling for them...



◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 a Fingerpost is proudly powered by blogger.com