
It looks like the senate is going to vote on Christmas Eve to raise the debt limit (again) and to pass their incoherent mess of a health-care bill.
I can understand why some might support the health-care legislation if it did everything it is purported by its supporters to do. In fact it does not. For example, it does not reduce the budget deficit. They get to that outrageous claim by including 10 years of taxes and Medicare cuts against only 7 years of benefits. That's because the tax increases and Medicare cuts begin the moment the president signs the legislation. The benefits don't start for 3 years and aren't fully implemented for 5 or 6 years. And even then it still doesn't cover everyone.
But as I've said many times before, it is a moot point. The Chinese aren't going to lend us the money and the tax payers simply don't have it to give. It's time to brace for impact, folks. I don't know about the time line, but the economy is going to run aground.