The circus comes to town...


My apologies to readers for being tardy with my posts. I was out of town for several days but not out of touch. I would be remiss if I didn't comment on the clown show at the UN late last week.

The show started off with long-time favorite Muammar Kadafi. Tastefully attired in tangerine, he looked for all the world like a vintage drag queen. His nonsensical rant went on for ninety-plus minutes, exhausting his translator. I don't know why they bothered--he made just as much sense in Arabic, and I don't know a word of Arabic. We haven't heard much from Muammar since Reagan blew his tent full of holes. With any luck his plane will crash on the way back to Libya.

We also heard from Iranian crackpot, Manmoud Ahmadenijad, whose countenance brings to mind the image of a monkey throwing his feces. He boldly flipped the UN the bird, knowing full well that they wouldn't do a damned thing about it.

Sandwiched between those two diminutive speakers, our own President Obama addressed the assembly. I was not surprised to hear him embrace the theory that cow flatulence and incandescent light bulbs are greater threats to the future of the world than radical Islam. Nor was I shocked by his expressed belief that America's enemies only hate Conservatives and Christian Fundamentalists. He would have us believe they are all perfectly cool with Americans as long as they are Liberal. Sadly, I wasn't even taken aback when he tossed Israel under the bus.

What I did find appalling was the tone with which he scolded everyone and every thing but himself. It is a distasteful personality trait that has irked me in the past, but which I have been reluctant to mention. I can no longer bite my tongue. His utter lack of humility is frankly disturbing.

Dubbya was jeered by the left for having a, "swagger." That may or may not be true, depending upon your perspective, but he did at least revere God and country. I do not sense that President Obama has reverence for anyone but himself. In future pages of this blog he will be referred to as either, "President I," or, "The Redeemer."

His arrogance no longer gets a free pass on Fingerpost.
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 a Fingerpost is proudly powered by blogger.com