An open letter to President Obama...


Dear President Obama,

Do you remember when I told you that the fawning media was not your friend? Well, here's an example of what I'm talking about.

AP/Yahoo just released an article with the following headline:

"Foreclosures fall 6 percent in May from April"

Wow! That sounds like pretty good news, doesn't it? I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy. But wait--about half way through the article we get to the meat and potatoes:

"Despite the drop from April, it was the third-highest monthly rate since Irvine, Calif.-based RealtyTrac began its report in January 2005, and the third straight month with more than 300,000 households receiving a foreclosure filing.

"One in every 398 U.S. homes received a foreclosure filing last month, according to the foreclosure listing firm's report"

Ouch! I think I just lost that loving feeling.

Here's the way this works long term--Americans are smart enough to figure out when they are being fed a line of crap. It will take a little while, but they will eventually associate the half-truths and lies with you. Your cherished popularity will flag, and the country will languish for years under the burden of your spending orgy.

As a patriotic American I just felt obliged to pass that bit of insight on to you...
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 a Fingerpost is proudly powered by blogger.com