Here on Fingerpost I comment on the news. I hyperlink my news sources, and when I find out that there are errors in fact, I correct them in the headline.
Mary Paddock was kind enough to point out, in a most civil fashion, that the Washington Post article I referenced in yesterday's entry was, "factually challenged." This should come as no great surprise. Journalistic integrity is the ultimate oxymoron.
Following is the 411 from FactCheck.org:
Q: Did Obama order a "swordless graduation" at the U.S. Naval Academy?
[Is it true] That Obama ordered Naval Academy graduates not to wear swords?
A: This Internet scuttlebutt is false. Graduating midshipmen have gone without swords at graduation for decades, even when Bush and Cheney spoke.
Washington Post--consider yourself spanked. Your record is better than the N Y Times, but that ain't saying much.
I don't use tainted data on Fingerpost. I don't need to. The truth serves me quite well. I, unlike my Liberal counterparts, deal in fact and logic, not delusion.